Ride Mechanic / General Maintenance
JOB TITLE: Ride Mechanic/General Maintenance
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for maintenance of all equipment to
ensure a safe operation. This position will focus on repair, construction,
troubleshooting and rehab of zoo and aquarium rides and attractions and help to establish preventive maintenance and inspection programs that maximize uptime and minimize cost.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintaining the highest standards of safety on all attractions and rides.
• Perform daily safety checks on park attractions and rides and attend to any
• Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on rides, equipment
and facilities ensuring complete compliance of the manufacturer’s specifications
and park standards.
• Responding to all maintenance related radio calls in a timely and appropriate
manner. Communicate with director, rides manager and the giftshop team when
equipment failures resort in attraction downtime or closures.
• Work with team members to ensure the complete compliance of the
manufacturer’s specifications and park standards.
• Maintaining all appropriate documentation.
• Communicate with the director of the zoo any hazards that arise to ensure the safe completion of repairs.
• Assist the zoo and aquarium maintenance team with projects as needed.
• Be a proactive member of the maintenance team.
• Must be able to work varied shifts, including holidays and weekends.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 2 years of previous maintenance experience; experience in an Amusement
park setting desired but not required.
• Must have skills and knowledge of mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics and
• Communicate effectively and appropriately with all guests, co-workers and
• Must be a self-starter, able to multi-task, work independently and have a
• Ability to trouble-shoot problems and present solutions for a variety of
situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written,
oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• General math skills including, but not limited to basic algebra, addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division and the ability to read measurements.
• Commitment to company values.